AMA says booster program must be ‘sped up’; ACT lifts travel restrictions; NSW expecting 25,000 Covid cases a day by January; Victorian vaccine mandate lifted for non-essential retail; Victoria records 1,405 new cases, SA records 26, NT records four; potential Omicron superspreader event in Melbourne – follow all the day’s news live
- Queensland Covid update: Christmas quarantine decision reversed for hundreds of travellers
- Omicron variant expected to become dominant strain in Australia as NSW records 1,360 new Covid cases
- Scott Morrison travels to Queensland despite being a casual Covid contact
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; cases and data tracker
- Victoria vaccination rates map; NSW vaccination map
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The New South Wales government has picked Kerry Schott to chair its net zero emissions and clean economy board, hoping for a happier outcome than its first attempt.
Earlier this year, the energy and environment minister Matt Kean chose former prime minister and mentor of sorts Malcolm Turnbull to lead that role.
Dr Schott is one of the most outstanding public servants in the country and brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience which will be invaluable as NSW drives towards halving our emissions by 2030 and reaching net zero by 2050.
Read the original article at The Guardian