Coalition tackles emissions target agreement today in lead-up to the Cop26 summit; NSW and Vic eye early freedoms as key vaccination targets are met; ACT exits lockdown on Friday. Follow all the day’s news live
- GPs and some health departments in the dark over booster shots
- Canberra set to become the most Covid vaccinated city in the world
- NSW ‘freedom day’ brings new restrictions to regional areas
- Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
So there has been a bit of drama in the South Australian parliament, with a Liberal party defector somehow taking the Speaker of the House role in a late-night upset.
Dan Cregan, who left the Liberal party to sit on the crossbench last week, managed to take the job in a secret ballot.
Read the original article at The Guardian