Labor senator Katy Gallagher says she had no ‘difficult arguments’ with Kimberley Kitching beyond what was normal in politics; Victoria records five Covid deaths and 7,466 new cases; NSW records one death and 17,450 new cases; Queensland records 7,738 new cases and one death; Western Australia records 7,197 new cases, four deaths. Follow developments live
- Sydney commuters to get free public transport for 12 days in April
- Kim Carr bows out after three decades as Labor senator for Victoria
- Follow the Ukraine live blog
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The NSW Labor opposition has outlined a plan for the state to rebuild and recover from the devastating floods that have left about 1,500 people in emergency accommodation and damaged or destroyed about 95,000 homes, AAP reports.
The federal and New South Wales governments were too slow to act in the immediate response and have been too slow in their support, NSW Labor has said in a statement today.
The difference is, David, we’re looking for maximum community benefit and economic benefit while the government’s looking for maximum political benefit.
Read the original article at The Guardian