Queensland records no new locally acquired cases; more than 100 federally funded clinics will take bookings for Covid jabs from Friday and begin administering them from Monday. Follow all latest updates
- Queensland lifts hospital and aged care Covid restrictions
- Australia’s vaccine rollout: who’s next and how to book an appointment
- Covid vaccine side-effects: what are they, who gets them and why?
- Follow our global coronavirus live blog
The Australian Electoral Commission has announced it has spared Christian Porter’s seat of Pearce and instead proposes to abolish the seat of Stirling, held by Liberal MP Vince Connelly:
The proposed names and boundaries for Western Australia’s federal @AboutTheHouse electorate boundaries have been released. #auspol
– Media release: t.co/eHMg4pHeer
– Key changes: pic.twitter.com/WVAMmTNAgD
Australia’s retail turnover dropped by 1.1% in February, as the pandemic and restrictions in Victoria and Western Australia hit hard.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics has released preliminary figures today, showing a turnover of up to 8.7% compared with February last year.
Both these states had seen trade impacted by Covid-19 in January and in February saw rises in industries such as clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing and department stores.
Read the original article at The Guardian