NSW hospitalisations rise 18% in one day to 1,066 as state records 18,278 cases and two deaths; Victoria records 7,172 cases and three deaths, Queensland 3,587 cases, South Australia 2,298, the ACT 506 and Tasmania 404; Scott Morrison monitoring for Covid symptoms after positive case attends press conference. Follow all the day’s news
- Australia Covid update: positive test rate in NSW hits 20% high as Omicron cases surge
- Decision to exempt NSW health workers from Covid isolation reflects hospitals’ ‘desperate situation’
- What are the new rules on Covid isolation, close contacts and testing?
- Vaccine rollout tracker; cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
University of NSW epidemiologist Mary-Louise McLaws with some thoughts on the supply of rapid antigen tests this morning.
Fast rail linking Sydney and the Hunter will be prioritised under a Labor government, opposition leader Anthony Albanese says.
Australia is the only inhabited continent on earth not developing high-speed rail.
Fast and high-speed rail will be an important element of Labor’s smart regionalisation plan that recognises that decentralisation is critical for Australia.
Read the original article at The Guardian