Changes to Victorian Covid isolation rules would be ‘premature’, Jaala Pulford says; hundreds of thousands eligible for fourth Covid shot from Monday as Australia records at least 14 deaths from the virus. Follow all the day’s news
- Scott Morrison’s predecessor Bruce Baird denies race claims against PM
- Uninsured flood victims can receive up to $20,000 payment under NSW scheme
- Follow the Ukraine live blog
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
NSW has reported 15,572 new cases and six deaths overnight:
Bruce Baird, the former member for Cook, Scott Morrison’s current seat, has come out and defended the PM against allegations he racially vilified a contender in a preselection battle in 2007.
He [Morrison] worked with me for two years when I was on the Tourism Council and I never heard him use racist terms.
I’m sure that people who are opponents of Scott and of the Liberal party would raise it for their own reasons, and Towke was feeling concerned because he’d lost the preselection … but in terms of all my dealings, and I was around him all the time, never once did I hear that allegation.
Read the original article at The Guardian