NSW reports four new cases as Victoria records one mystery case in person who attended Boxing Day Test. This blog is now closed
- NSW hotspots; Victoria hotspots
- Covid restrictions state by state
- Follow the global live blog
- Thousands of Victorians set to isolate after case visited cricket
- Allowing fans at Sydney Test for mental health ‘laughable’
- Greg Hunt faces pressure to hit accelerator on vaccine rollout
- Australia says China should allow in WHO investigators ‘without delay’
This is where we’ll leave the blog for today. Thanks for reading. Here’s a recap of the day’s main news:
Scott Morrison’s announcement of a special national cabinet meeting to discuss the UK strain is particularly interesting given the case of the paramedic in Western Australia who transferred a Covid-19 patient from hotel quarantine to hospital recently.
WA health authorities are expected to provide further details later this evening about the paramedic, whose patient had recently arrived from the UK.
Read the original article at The Guardian