- Nationals fail to reach agreement on 2050 emissions reductions
- Australia could see Covid surge from new variants when border reopens
- NSW is opening up further today – what extra freedoms do people have?
- NSW and Victoria schools are reopening amid Covid outbreaks – what can be learned from overseas?
- Vaccine rollout tracker; cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The federal treasurer and Victorian Liberal MP Josh Frydenberg has once again ramped up his attacks on the Victorian Labor government over lockdowns (you may remember some of his speeches on the Victorian lockdown last year) a theme he continued yesterday, even as the state government announced an earlier than expected loosening of restrictions.
Daniel Andrews responded to that on ABC News Breakfast this morning:
Well, look, I would just say to Josh, this is not about you and your breathless political rants don’t work against this virus. This day and this week, and the weeks to come, are all about Victorians who have done an amazing thing.
They’ve got vaccinated in record numbers and in record time. And this is their moment. It’s not for Josh. And his endless criticism and negativity, I just don’t think it goes down very well in Victoria because it doesn’t work against this virus. So, I will say no more about him.
Read the original article at The Guardian