- Biden urges seniors to ‘get vaccinated now’ before all Americans become eligible on 19 April
- Police say suspect dead after shooting at Fort Detrick, Maryland
- Officer Billy Evans, who died on Friday, to lie in honor at Capitol
- How far-right Oath Enforcers plan to harass political enemies
– Joan E Greve and Maanvi Singh
Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican congressman who is being investigated over child sex trafficking charges, and who reportedly shared nude pictures of women with colleagues, is speaking at former president Donald Trump’s resort in Doral, at a rally for a pro-Trump women’s group.
Women for America First announced late Tuesday that Gaetz would be a speaker at the three-day “Save America Summit.” This is the same group that helped organize the “March for Trump” rally in Washington that took place just hours before the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.
The organization praised Gaetz as one of the “few members of Congress” willing to “stand up & fight on behalf of President Trump & his America First agenda.” Women For America First says on its website that “We won’t be pushed around by bullies who tell us who we are ‘supposed’ to like. And we’re not going to keep quiet just because the Washington, D.C. power elites and mainstream media want us to!”
Read the original article at The Guardian