- President lauds vaccination effort to reduce cases and deaths
- Biden raises minimum wage for workers paid by federal contractors
- Texas sheriff who criticized Trump is nominated to head Ice
- CDC relaxes guidelines on mask-wearing for Americans
- Republicans still orbiting Trump dark star fail to derail Biden
– Joanna Walters and Maanvi Singh
The governor of Arizona, Doug Ducey, has signed a bill that criminalizes abortions based on genetic conditions and implements a raft of anti-abortion measures opposed by medical groups and women’s health advocates.
The bill confers civil rights to unborn children, requires fetal remains to be cremated or buried, prohibits educational institutions from performing abortions unless the mother’s life is in jeopardy, forbids the mailing or delivery of abortion-inducing drugs (which doctors use to manage miscarriages as well as to induce abortion) and prevents public money from being used to support research involving abortions.
Read the original article at The Guardian