- President speaks at critical moment for domestic proposals
- Republicans block Democrats’ sweeping voting rights bill
- Activists call for robust climate provisions in reconciliation package
- Scrutiny grows of Joe Manchin’s support from oil, gas and coal
- Democrats request paid family leave remain in the Biden package
Climate activists have gathered on Capitol Hill to demand that Democrats’ reconciliation package effectively address the climate crisis.
One protester with Greenpeace carried cutouts of Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer and moderate Democratic senator Joe Manchin, portraying Schumer as Manchin’s puppet.
Read the original article at The Guardian