- Dutch court orders government to lift Covid curfew
- Israel blocked Covid vaccines from entering Gaza, say Palestinians
- Fauci says he worried about getting Covid at Trump White House
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The United Nations children’s agency is encouraging airlines to prioritise delivering COVID-19 vaccines, medicine and other critical supplies, Associated Press reports.
UNICEF’s Humanitarian Airfreight Initiative brings together airlines covering routes to over 100 countries as part of the UN’s Covax programme, which supplies the world’s poorest people with the vaccine.
Palestinian refugees in Lebanon are three times more likely to die with Covid-19 than the population as a whole, Reuters reports.
An estimated 207,000 Palestinian refugees live in Lebanon after being driven from their homes or fleeing the conflict surrounding Israel’s 1948 creation, the vast majority in cramped camps where social distancing is impossible.
In the year since Lebanon registered its first case, about 5,800 have been infected with the coronavirus and about 200 of them have died, said a spokeswoman for the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA.
Read the original article at The Guardian