- Cases double in new south-east China Covid outbreak linked to school
- Covid boosters can be offered to all UK over-50s, watchdog confirms
- Vaccine hesitant people are dying and loved ones want world to listen
- Victoria’s surging Covid cases put pressure on contact tracing
- UK coronavirus updates – live
A campaign is to begin next week to give booster shots to millions of people in the UK who received Covid vaccinations in phase one of the rollout.
Details of the campaign were unveiled by the health secretary, Sajid Javid, who said the programme would strengthen a “wall of defence” against Covid-19 during the winter months – after the government published advice by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Over in Greece infection rates have shot up today with the country’s public health organisation, EODY, announcing 2,919 confirmed coronavirus cases – up from 1,608 on Monday.
The latest data reveal contagions spreading nationwide with the highly transmissible Delta variant turbocharging diagnoses in Thessaloniki, Greece’s northern metropolis, where 409 of the total number of new cases were reported.
Read the original article at The Guardian