- US Congress passes $900bn Covid-19 aid bill after months of gridlock
- European states ban travel from UK as new Covid strain takes hold
- What do we know about the fast-spreading Covid variant in UK?
- Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine approved by European regulator
- ‘I’m ready’: Joe Biden receives coronavirus vaccine live on TV
Freight measures agreed by Boris Johnson and Emmanuel Macron will be announced later on Tuesday, the BBC reports, and will come into effect from Wednesday, according to French Europe Minister Clément Beaune.
EU member states will also be meeting again to discuss a co-ordinated response.
The Taiwanese government has announced that a locally transmitted coronavirus case in Taiwan has been confirmed – the first since 12 April, according to Reuters. We’ll have more on this shortly.
Read the original article at The Guardian