- China blocks entry to WHO team studying Covid’s origins
- As parts of UK enter third lockdown, how does Europe compare?
- Life without Covid: nations that have sidestepped the pandemic so far
- Facebook movement data ‘could help find new Covid-19 locations’
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Russia has inoculated 1 million people against Covid-19 with its Sputnik V vaccine, according to a statement on the Sputnik V Twitter account.
Russia, which has the world’s fourth highest number of Covid-19 cases, started large-scale vaccinations last month.
Hungary should extend a partial lockdown due to end on Monday because of a rise in coronavirus infections in neighbouring countries, the surgeon general, Cecília Müller, said.
The measures imposed by prime minister Viktor Orbán’s government in November include a 7pm curfew, a ban on all gatherings and the closure of hotels and restaurants.
Read the original article at The Guardian