- Philippines sees 22,366 new cases
- Europe has registered around 1.3 million Covid deaths to date
- New Zealand’s largest city sees curbs extended by two weeks
- Global trade recovery starting to wane as Asian cases flare
- US states see sharp rise in fatalities
- Sydney nurses increase sedation of patients to ease workload
- See all our coronavirus coverage
That’s all from me, Alex Mistlin, today. Hope it’s been a good one wherever you are. Bye!
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said no deaths had been reported in young adults after a rare heart inflammation known as myocarditis, reports Reuters.
Myocarditis is a known side effect of Covid-19 vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna although studies show the condition is a greater risk of Covid than vaccines for the disease.
Read the original article at The Guardian