- First year of pandemic claimed lives of 25 young people in England
- Pfizer to ask US to authorize third Covid vaccine shot as booster
- South Korea raises restrictions in Seoul amid ‘maximum crisis’
- Stronger restrictions for Sydney as premier flags lockdown extension
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Dutch government is expected to reimpose restrictions on dance clubs, music festivals and restaurants today in response to rising Covid-19 infections among young adults, local media reported.
The Netherlands lifted most lockdown measures on 26 June, as cases were falling and around two-thirds of the population has received at least one vaccination shot, Reuters reports.
Australia has rejected China’s accusations of meddling in the rollout of Chinese-made Covid-19 vaccines in Papua New Guinea, saying it accepted countries’ decisions over their choice of jab.
Relations between Canberra and Beijing have deteriorated sharply in recent years, with disputes over everything from the telecoms giant Huawei to Covid’s origins.
Read the original article at The Guardian