- England told to prepare for worst weeks of Covid pandemic
- China agrees to let in WHO team investigating Covid origins
- French vaccine scepticism reflects ‘dissatisfaction with politicians’
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Production of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine will total 4m doses over the next 30 days, the RIA news agency has cited the director of the Gamaleya Institute, which developed the vaccine, as saying.
Separately, Reuters reports that Palestine’s health ministry has registered the vaccine for domestic use, citing Russia’s sovereign wealth fund.
Malaysia will impose strict new curbs in more than half the country to fight a coronavirus surge, the prime minister said on Monday, warning that the healthcare system was at “breaking point”.
It joins other Asian nations, from Japan to Australia, that kept their outbreaks under control in the early stages but have been forced to introduce new measures in recent days.
Read the original article at The Guardian