- UK hits target of offering first Covid vaccinations to 15m people
- New Zealand outbreak: Ardern puts Auckland into three-day lockdown
- WHO investigator claims China refused to hand over key information
- Dominic Raab rejects Tory demands for easing of Covid rules
- UK failed to heed the virus alerts, says vaccine creator
Italy reported 221 coronavirus-related deaths on Sunday, the health ministry said, against 270 the Sunday before.
The daily tally of new infections fell to 11,068 from 11,640 last Sunday.
Rwanda has begun vaccinating healthcare workers and other high-risk groups, its health ministry has said, making it the first country in east Africa to start its rollout.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the ministry said the vaccinations had begun with “WHO-approved Covid-19 vaccines acquired through international partnerships in limited quantities”.
Read the original article at The Guardian