- Prepare for big Covid surge when schools go back, Sage warns
- Scotland records highest number of daily Covid cases
- Risk of blood clots higher after Covid infection than vaccination
- New Zealand: national lockdown extended after 70 new cases
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Secondary school and college pupils will need to wear face masks in communal areas outside of their classrooms yet again in areas of the south west of England as extra support was pledged in response to a rise in coronavirus cases.
PA Media reports that the Department of Health and Social Care said that from today, Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Plymouth and Torbay local authority areas – which have seen a rise in cases – would get help to increase vaccine and testing uptake, and deliver more public health messaging.
School districts in Florida may impose mask mandates, a judge said Friday, ruling that the state’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, overstepped his authority by issuing an executive order banning the mandates.
The Leon county circuit judge John Cooper agreed with a group of parents who claimed in a lawsuit that DeSantis’ order is unconstitutional and cannot be enforced.
Read the original article at The Guardian