- PCR Covid test firm with links to UK Labour accused of failures
- UK scientists look at halving boosters to save vaccine for rest of the world
- Tennessee radio host who criticised vaccine efforts dies of Covid
- Cuba’s health system buckles under strain of overwhelming Covid surge
- See all our coronavirus coverage
More children are being hospitalised with Covid in the US south and midwest than ever before, as the highly contagious Delta variant spreads among unvaccinated people.
One hospital in New Orleans has reported as many as 20 children hospitalised for Covid at a time in the past three weeks, the Wall Street Journal reports. In 2020, that number never topped seven, the hospital’s physician-in-chief told the paper.
Doctors and staff working in GP surgeries across England are reporting a torrent of physical and verbal abuse from patients, the Independent reports.
Some GPs have told the newspaper they fear coming to work and say staff have quit over the threats they are receiving on a near-daily basis.
Read the original article at The Guardian