- NHS England to send hospital patients to hotels to free up beds
- China sees biggest daily Covid tally since July as WHO prepares to fly in
- Tokyo 2020 head says ‘impossible’ to delay Olympics as opposition grows
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here are the latest developments in the coronavirus crisis:
As the British coronavirus variant occupies countries’ pandemic plans due to its increased transmissibility, other mutations to the Sars-CoV-2 are provoking concern among scientists who are scrambling to work out if they will still respond to vaccines.
In particular, one mutation, known as E484K, detected initially in South Africa and on subsequent variants in Brazil and Japan, has raised alarm among researchers.
Read the original article at The Guardian