- German doctor arrested on suspicion of killing two Covid patients
- Tech giants join with governments to fight Covid misinformation
- US records highest number of Covid deaths since May
- South Australia premier fuming over pizza lie that put state in lockdown
- California enacts curfew for majority of state’s 40m residents
Victoria’s health minister, Martin Foley, has been speaking in Melbourne about the traces of coronavirus that were detected in sewage in the Altona catchment.
The catchment covers suburbs including Altona, Altona Meadows, Laverton, Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes and residents or people who have visited are being encouraged to get tested if they have any symptoms.
The British prime minister, Boris Johnson, will urge other G20 leaders to take more ambitious action to defeat the coronavirus pandemic and to address climate change at a weekend virtual summit in Saudi Arabia, Reuters reports.
In remarks ahead of the meeting, Johnson appealed to leaders of the other nations that make up the G20 group of major economies to honour their promise to do “whatever it takes to overcome the pandemic and protect lives and livelihoods”.
Read the original article at The Guardian