- Europe once again at centre of Covid pandemic, says WHO
- UK first country to approval oral antiviral pill to treat Covid
- Covid infections in England double in over-65s over past month
- Bill Gates calls for huge global effort to prepare for future pandemics
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here’s a reminder of the latest picture of case numbers across Europe. You can see the surge of cases in the east of the continent, but also a concerning change of colour from recent days for Germany and Denmark, as Belgium and the Netherlands seem to be in the foothills of their next Covid wave. The prevalence of cases per 1 million people in Ireland and in the UK has dipped slightly.
The Lesotho government’s plans to implement a Covid passport system this week are being undermined by widespread fraud involving certificates being sold to unvaccinated people.
Read the original article at The Guardian