- IMF cuts global growth forecast as pandemic ‘hobbles’ growth
- England urged to step up vaccinations to avoid winter Covid surge
- New Zealand ends Covid elimination strategy in favour of suppression
- England: sustained fall in hospitalisations for first time out of lockdown
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Senegal has had only a handful of new daily Covid infections so far this week, with only two cases yesterday – the lowest number since the pandemic reached the country.
“Two cases were recorded today, the lowest ever recorded,” said the health ministry spokesperson Ngone Ngom. “They were in the past seven, 10 cases, but from the top of my head I think this is the lowest.”
Read the original article at The Guardian