- Covid: what we know now that we didn’t earlier in the pandemic
- Six EU states overtake UK vaccination rates as Britain’s rollout slows
- ‘New wave of volatility’: Covid stirs up grievances in Latin America
- ‘It’s a bit annoying’: Italy’s Covid pass restrictions kick in
- Analysis: can China contain the spread of the Delta variant?
A further 92 people have died in the UK within 28 days of testing positive for the coronavirus, bringing the national total to 130,178.
Separate figures published by the Office for National Statistics show there have been 155,000 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, according to the PA Media news agency.
A member of Boris Johnson’s team who was with the prime minister during his trip to Scotland has tested positive for Covid, but Johnson will not isolate.
The Guardian was told the prime minister did not come into close contact with the Downing Street staffer, but a source insisted the pair were “side-by-side” on several occasions.
Read the original article at The Guardian