- India posts global record deaths after state revises data
- G7 leaders will call for fresh WHO inquiry into Covid origins
- AstraZeneca vaccine linked to slightly higher risk of blood disorder
- The interests at stake if Olympics in Japan were cancelled
- See all our coronavirus coverage
A 52-year-old woman from New South Wales who died after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine is “likely” Australia’s second death from a rare and severe blood clotting syndrome linked to the Covid vaccine, Australia’s drugs regulator says.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration said on Thursday the woman had a severe form of the syndrome “with a blood clot in the brain known as a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis”.
We’ve got a live stream of WHO’s Europe briefing going on right now. You might need to refresh the page and press play on the top image to get it running
Read the original article at The Guardian