Latest updates: NHS chief says Saturday was ‘biggest day yet for booster jabs’; tighter restrictions will come into effect to ease Romania’s struggling hospitals
- Rishi Sunak says Covid numbers don’t suggest action needed today
- UK government paving way to bring in ‘plan B’ Covid rules
- Darker skies and colder weather are perfect conditions for Covid to thrive
- Russia sees record deaths as country prepares for new curbs
- See all our coronavirus coverage
China has given complete doses of Covid-19 vaccines to about 75.6% of its population as of 23 October, National Health Commission spokesperson Mi Feng said on Sunday.
Some 1.068 billion people have been inoculated with the required dosages, out of a population of 1.412 billion, Mi told a news briefing.
Read the original article at The Guardian