- For returned Australians, open borders bring new dilemmas
- Northern Ireland health minister to sue Van Morrison over Covid remarks
- Those eligible for boosters to be invited a month earlier in England
- Experts on their worst pandemic predictions
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here an update on the global pandemic situation from AFP:
On Saturday, 6,306 new deaths and 411,296 new cases were recorded worldwide.
Based on latest reports, the countries with the most new deaths were Russia with 1,179 new deaths, followed by India with 506 and Ukraine with 449.
Last week, Britain became the first country in the world to approve the potentially game-changing Covid-19 antiviral pill, jointly developed by US-based Merck & Co Inc and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.
The government said in October it had secured 480,000 courses of the Merck drug, as well as 250,000 courses of an antiviral pill developed by Pfizer Inc.
Read the original article at The Guardian