- Fears London and Paris would die due to Covid unfounded – survey
- Covid teams can jab pupils against parents’ wishes, UK schools told
- Singapore reports worst daily Covid case tally in more than a year
- Why Kerala is still in the grip of India’s second wave of Covid
- See all our coronavirus coverage
As more adults get their Covid vaccines, children who aren’t yet eligible for vaccination in most countries are representing a larger percentage of hospitalisations and even deaths, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) warned on Wednesday.
Nine months in to this year, infections among children and adolescents in the Americas have surpassed 1.9 million cases, and they face significant health risks, the regional branch of the World Health Organization (WHO) said.
Our kids have missed more school days than children in any other region. Each day that children go without in-person schooling, the higher the likelihood they drop out and never return to school.
Here’s a roundup of the key developments:
Read the original article at The Guardian