Boris Johnson was pictured without a mask during hospital visit; French authorities said 156 more people in hospital with Covid over past 24 hours
- US man who survived Covid says sorry to doctors for not getting jab
- Japan records zero daily Covid deaths for first time in 15 months
- US opens borders to some foreign tourists
- Nigeria unlikely to reach ‘impossible’ 40% Covid vaccine target
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Dozens of crossings at the Mexico-US border reopened to non-essential travel on Monday after a 20-month closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Lizbeth Diaz reports for Reuters from Tijuana that ahead of the reopening, hundreds of cars formed lines stretching back kilometres from the border, while queues at pedestrian crossings grew steadily.
Read the original article at The Guardian