Christmas plans for many now in disarray as US and Australian airlines say flight crews are affected by Covid; AstraZeneca says three doses of its vaccine is effective against Omicron
- More than 200 US flights and 100 Australian flights cut before Christmas
- China locks down 13 million people in northern city of Xi’an
- Some people may need four Covid jabs to stay protected, expert says
- Risk of hospital stay up to 70% less with Omicron than Delta: UKHSA
- US supreme court to hold special session on Biden’s vaccine mandates
Here’s a story that echoes the cancellation of flights happening over the US.
Thousands of Australians have had their domestic flights cancelled in the hours leading up to Christmas, as frontline staff were ordered to test and isolate amid a rise in Covid cases.
Read the original article at The Guardian