UK prime minister Boris Johnson is expected to examine crucial hospital data on Monday before any Covid announcements; Sydney’s St Vincent’s hospital sent 995 people wrong Covid test information
- Boris Johnson to examine hospital data before decision on Covid rules
- Hundreds more US flights cancelled for third day amid surging cases
- China sees biggest community outbreak since 2020 as cases rise in Xi’an
- Australia Covid update: NSW records first Omicron death as cases remain high across nation
- Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland reintroduce Covid restrictions
- Tory MPs warn Boris Johnson against toughening Covid new year rules
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Queensland has detected 784 new Covid-19 cases but the health system is coping, state premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has said.
Quarantine and testing policies are being reviewed and rapid antigen tests may be introduced for some people within 48 hours to take pressure of testing facilities, AAP reports.
I don’t want people to be alarmed by that, the real issue here is what is the impact it is having on individuals in hospitals?
We are not seeing any massive impacts on our hospitals, which is really good news.
Read the original article at The Guardian