- South African Covid cases up 255% in a week as Omicron spreads
- Stricter measures than plan B may be needed to stop Omicron in UK
- People in Scotland ‘strongly urged’ to defer Christmas parties
- UK daily Covid case tally remains above 50,000
- Italian who presented fake arm for jab ‘has since been vaccinated’
Fury over the release of a video showing Downing Street staffers joking about alleged lockdown breaches in the UK are only the latest scandal to rock British prime minister Boris Johnson’s premiership.
For days, a succession of government ministers batted away questions about whether an illegal party had been held in Downing Street last December during Covid restrictions that banned gatherings of more than 30 people. But on Tuesday night that all changed: a video emerged of Downing Street staffers appearing to joke about a party alleged to have been held inside No 10 just days earlier.
Read the original article at The Guardian