Secondary school pupils in England return to wearing masks in classrooms as new term begins; France limits number of people permitted at events, with working from home now mandatory
- Lockdown hobbies led to thousands of injuries in England: NHS data
- Fauci says hospitalisation rate a better guide to Omicron than cases
- More than 137,000 daily cases reported in England and Wales
- Can you capture the complex reality of the pandemic with numbers?
- France reports record seven-day average for new Covid cases
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Québec, Canada proceeded with the first of three planned closures of non-essential retail stores on Sunday as the provincial government attempts to curb a new Covid wave and strain on hospitals.
Québec premier Francois Legault announced last week that the majority of the province’s stores would be closed for the next three Sundays, with the exception of pharmacies, convenience stores and petrol stations.
The last thing businesses need during these difficult times is additional restrictions. We must leave the choice to businesses to open or close at the time that makes the most sense for them, their employees and their customers.
Read the original article at The Guardian