- Omicron is now dominant Covid-19 variant in US, officials say
- WHO warns festive gatherings will lead to ‘increased cases, more deaths’
- Approval of Novavax raises hopes of persuading Germany’s unvaccinated
- British PM avoids more Covid measures for now but ‘rules nothing out’
- Moderna says booster produces strong antibody response to Omicron
- Queen cancels Christmas plans and will celebrate at Windsor
Singapore has detected a cluster of three Covid-19 cases linked to a gym, its ministry of health said late on Monday.
The variant was found in two men, aged 24 and 21, and an 18-year-old woman.
On Monday morning, a mid-level staff member, who does not regularly have contact with the President, received a positive result for a Covid-19 test.
Three days earlier, on Friday, that staff member had spent approximately 30 minutes in proximity to the President on Air Force One, on the way from Orangeburg, South Carolina to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Read the original article at The Guardian