- Flynn had pleaded guilty to lying about contacts with Russian operatives
- Biden calls for unity in Thanksgiving address
- Trump phones election denialist event to claim ‘they cheated’
- US records highest daily Covid deaths since May and 172,935 new cases
- President-elect says ‘this is not a third Obama term’ in first interview
- Biden’s cabinet picks: what we’ve learned from his choices so far
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
As states across the country contemplate new lockdowns to slow down the rampant spread and record hospitalizations, the unprecedented demand for food aid is on the rise, according to the Guardian’s latest snapshot survey:
Republican lawmakers are slowly acknowledging the reality that Joe Biden won the election.
“With yesterday’s certification of many states’ results, it’s evident that President Trump has exhausted the due process offered to all candidates. I offer my congratulations to President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris,” said Republican Ohio congressman Steve Stivers in a statement.
Read the original article at The Guardian