NSW reports 47 people in hospital, with 16 in intensive care including a teenager. This blog is now closed
- Berejiklian warns of ‘prolonged lockdown’ after NSW records 50 new cases
- What went wrong: how Delta exposed the NSW approach to Covid
- ‘Stuffed’: how Australia’s ‘unconscionable’ gamble on Covid vaccines backfired
- Latest Sydney lockdown restrictions explained
- Download the free Guardian app; Get our morning email briefing
We’re going to wind things up for the evening. Here’s a reminder of what we learned today:
NSW has updated its list of venues of concern. New close contact venues include Bupa Dental in Miranda from 10.50am to 12pm on Wednesday 7 July, Chemist Warehouse in Punchbowl on Thursday 8 July from 9.20am to 9.40am and Direct Trade in Merrylands from 2.20pm to 2.50pm on Saturday 3 July.
The full list of venues is on the NSW Health website.
Read the original article at The Guardian