- Another bill would grant legal status to undocumented farmworkers
- Putin reacts to comments he will ‘pay price’ for Russian interference
- Republicans vote against honoring police for protecting Capitol
- Texas Republicans pushing bills to make voting harder
- Atlanta spa shootings – follow the latest live updates
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Here’s a recap of the day, from me and Lauren Aratani:
“I’m taking on the queen of Qanon: Marjorie Taylor Greene,” reads one tweet from Holly McCormack. “Retweet if you think Marjorie Taylor Greene is an embarrassment to our country,” says another.
America’s midterm elections may be 20 months in the future, but a campaign is already under way to unseat the extremist Republican congresswoman and Donald Trump devotee. In a rural district of Georgia that Taylor Greene won last November with three-quarters of the vote, effectively unopposed after her Democratic opponent quit the race, no one thinks it is going to be easy.
Read the original article at The Guardian