Not-for-profit aged care sector and unions say it is critical that staff be given priority access to Covid vaccinations
- Follow LIVE Covid updates on Tuesday: speculation over Victoria lockdown extension
- ‘A dog’s breakfast’: where the Australian government went wrong with its aged care response
- Victoria’s Covid lockdown restrictions explained
- Victoria Covid case alerts and list of public exposure sites
- Covid vaccine rollout numbers: tracking vaccination progress
The not-for-profit aged care sector and staff unions have accused the federal government of a “despicable” attempt to shift blame for its botched vaccine rollout onto aged care staff, while warning it is “now critical” that workers be given priority access to the jab.
The federal government is continuing to face sustained pressure over its slow, confused vaccine rollout for aged care workers, who were supposed to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of the rollout’s commencement on 22 February.
Read the original article at The Guardian