- Senators question secretary of state
- Kamala Harris tests positive for Covid
- White House unveils latest Covid-19 strategies
- Supreme court justices hint at support for Biden immigration policy
- Russia-Ukraine war – follow live updates
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The vice-president Kamala Harris has tested positive for Covid-19, her office has announced.
A statement from Harris’s press secretary Kirsten Allen said:
Today, vice-president Harris tested positive for Covid-19 on rapid and PCR tests. She has exhibited no symptoms, will isolate and continue to work from the vice-president’s residence.
She has not been a close contact to the president or First Lady due to their respective recent travel schedules. She will follow CDC guidelines and the advice of her physicians. The vice-president will return to the White House when she tests negative.
Read the original article at The Guardian