NSW records 1,599 new coronavirus cases and eight more deaths, while ACT chief minister Andrew Barr reports 15 new infections
- Follow the Australian Covid blog
- Qld Covid update: five new cases as Annastacia Palaszczuk flags possible lockdown
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; borders
- NSW Covid vaccination rate by postcode – check your suburb
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The New South Wales health minister, Brad Hazzard, says the ending of the state’s daily media conferences will give authorities “clear minds” to tackle the Covid pandemic, as the state again broke its daily record for Covid-19 cases and marked another troubling increase in the death toll.
The state recorded 1,599 new cases on Saturday and eight more deaths, including a man in his 30s and another in his 40s who both died at home. The toll from this year’s outbreak stands at 170.
Read the original article at The Guardian