ACT reports eight new coronavirus cases and cancels Floriade while Queensland records zero
- Victoria sent into statewide lockdown as Shepparton Covid cluster rises to 17
- Australia anti-lockdown rallies: protesters violently clash with police in Melbourne
- NSW hotspots; NSW restrictions; border restrictions
- Victoria’s restrictions; Victorian hotspots
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
New South Wales has reported the highest number of daily Covid-19 cases recorded by any state at any time during the pandemic.
A total of 825 people tested positive for the virus in the 24 hours to 8pm on Friday and three more people died, each of whom picked up their infection in aged care or a hospital.
Read the original article at The Guardian