Two residents of SummitCare home at Baulkham Hills taken to hospital as a precaution and facility is in lockdown; Queensland records one new local case. This blog is closed
- Two-thirds of staff unvaccinated at Sydney aged care home dealing with Covid outbreak
- Sydney lockdown explained
- Delta variant: what do we know about the strain in Australian children?
- Restrictions: Qld; WA, NT and SA; Vic; border closures
- Hotspots: NSW map; Qld list; WA; Vic
- Download the free Guardian app; Get our morning email briefing
With Sunday drawing to a close let’s recap a few of the biggest stories from today:
The Board of Airline Representatives of Australia said last week’s national cabinet decision to halve the number of international arrivals will force airlines to reconsider whether it is worth operating flights to Australia.
The decision – announced by the prime minister, Scott Morrison, on Friday afternoon – will see the cap on returning travellers slashed from 6,070 to 3,035 a week.
Read the original article at The Guardian