- NSW Covid update: 1,218 infections mark worst day yet
- Daniel Andrews extends Victoria lockdown after 92 new Covid cases
- New Zealand reports 83 new cases, with all but one in Auckland
- Sydney teenagers tell of terrifying Covid experience
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; borders. Hotspots: NSW; Vic; Qld
- Coalition expects to make Covid Moderna vaccine available to 12- to 17-year-olds in coming weeks
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
With that, we’ll wrap up the live blog for the day.
Here’s a recap of today’s news:
There’s a bit more information about the Covid outbreaks at two prisons in NSW.
At the NSW Covid update today, we heard there 31 infections associated with Parklea correctional centre, with the prison in Sydney’s north-west now under a strict lockdown.
All those inmates have been isolated and tested by Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network (JH&FMHN) for Covid-19 as part of health protocols.
Corrective Services NSW is taking every precaution to protect staff and inmates, and prevent transmission of the virus.”
Breaking: Up to SIX correctional officers at #Bathurst Jail are COVID positive. Some to be included in tomorrow’s numbers but some tested positive back on Thursday (which is confusing). #nswcovid @abcnews
Read the original article at The Guardian