Exclusive: ‘It is a real warzone and I am sitting at home, numb and helpless, having a vast experience in critical care,’ says one Colombian nurse
- Follow our Covid live blog for the latest updates
- NSW Covid vaccination rate by postcode – check your suburb
- NSW restrictions; border restrictions
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app;get our morning email briefing
Overseas-trained nurses in Australia are frustrated they can’t work in New South Wales hospitals which are desperate for staff to deal with Covid patients, because of a requirement to sit an in-person exam in Adelaide.
State border closures mean nurses in NSW can’t travel to South Australia for the test which is necessary for some foreign degree holders to be registered to work in Australia.
Read the original article at The Guardian