Vaccination targets are key to easing restrictions, but both states have different targets and timelines. Here is what you need to know
- Follow our Covid live blog for the latest updates
- Vic hotspots; Vic restrictions; border restrictions
- NSW restrictions; border restrictions
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The two jurisdictions grappling with the most severe Covid outbreaks, New South Wales and Victoria, have revealed their plans for reopening, providing those living with lockdown with some sense of what the future may hold.
Both states will ease some restrictions once 70% of the eligible population age 16 and above are fully vaccinated, with further easing at 80%. But when will those targets be reached, and how and why do the plans differ?
Read the original article at The Guardian