- UK faces ‘another lockdown Christmas if we don’t act soon’
- Record Covid fatalities as Russia prepares for nationwide curbs
- Covid testing failures at UK lab ‘should have been flagged within days’
- New Zealand’s Covid outbreak spreads to South Island
- English local health chiefs urge extra Covid measures
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here is a good picture to start your weekend with as a zoo in Jakarta, Indonesia, reopens following a dramatic fall in Covid cases in the country.
In case you missed it last night, the senior official credited with the early success of the Covid vaccine rollout in England is returning to the NHS to resume her role overseeing the programme, months after leaving to become the head of Boris Johnson’s Downing Street delivery unit.
The next phase of the vaccination programme is extremely important. We know that the vaccine is helping us to save lives and so we must focus all of our efforts on rolling out the booster campaign to everyone eligible, as well as ensuring that everyone who has not yet had their first jab, including young people, gets the chance to come forward.
Read the original article at The Guardian