- Full report: Haaland confirmed as first Indigenous cabinet secretary
- Two men arrested for ‘bear spray’ assault on Capitol officer who later died
- Biden, Harris and spouses embark on cross-country tour
- US will cover 100% of cost for children to be vaccinated
- Romney wants ‘economic and diplomatic boycott’ of Olympics
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
A US Capitol police officer was suspended after antisemitic reading material was discovered near his work area on Monday.
A) USCP: Monday, U.S. Capitol Police Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman ordered an officer to be suspended after anti-Semitic reading material was discovered near his work area on Sunday.
B) USCP: The officer will remain suspended pending the outcome of an investigation by the Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility.
C) USCP: “We take all allegations of inappropriate behavior seriously. Once this matter was brought to my attention, I immediately ordered the officer to be suspended until the Office of Professional Responsibility can thoroughly investigate,” said Acting Chief Pittman.
Read the original article at The Guardian