Tug boats arrive as NSW port authority hopes to tow Portland Bay bulk carrier to ‘deep, safe water’; SES says evacuation orders and warnings covering 32,000 people to stay in place; nation records 26 Covid deaths. This blog is now closed
- Sydney braced for another night of flooding after region hit by torrential rain
- Fuel from cargo ship stranded off Sydney coast could cause environmental disaster, experts say
- Diphtheria cases have been reported in Australia for the first time this century. What is it and who is at risk?
- Anthony Albanese visits sites of alleged Russian atrocities in Ukraine
- Get our free news app, morning email briefing and daily news podcast
People downstream from Wiseman’s Ferry urged to evacuate
Those in the low-lying areas of the Lower Hawkesbury downstream from Wiseman’s Ferry are ordered to evacuate by 10am today, per the SES:
I understand it’s school holidays, but really have a look at your travel plans, if you do have any. If you don’t need to leave home, please, you know, bunker down at home if it’s safe to do so. Obviously, we’ve issued about 70 evacuation orders, mostly in the Hawkesbury-Nepean area.
Read the original article at The Guardian